Saturday, December 30, 2006

God Rocks


People are afraid of many different things. King Henry III of France suffered from ailurophobia-a fear of cats. Other fears named and classified are:
Achluophobia-fear of darkness
Acrophobia-fear of heights
Peladophobia-fear of bald people (What?!?)
Philophobia-fear of falling in love

What God SaysFor in the day of trouble, he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.--Psalm 27:5
Although God never promised a trouble-free life, he did promise to be right there with a refuge--a place of escape and safety. Throughout history, people have hidden in churches, cathedrals, and synagogues --claimed safety. Because Jesus lives in us, that safe place, the refuge from trouble, is even nearer than the nearest church. Thank goodness! What are your fears? We had a talk about fear tonight and I asked my kids what their greatest fears were. Our families' top ten list includes:
1. Fear of snakes 2. fear of spiders 3. fear of bugs, not ladybugs though(Addyson) 4. Fear of spankings(Brooklyn) 5. Fear of the dark 6. Fear of family member not doing right. 7. fear of being afraid(what?) 8. Fear of failure 9. fear of ineffectiveness 10. fear of not being in God's will.
What is your families' top ten list of fear. Talk about it! Pray about it! Know that Jesus cares and he's your teammate, but don't forget to let him in the game!
So I didn't workout today. I did absolutely nothing but cook dinner. Yeah for me! Tomorrow I will hit it hard! Until tomorrow, God rocks!

No comments: