Monday, January 1, 2007

A Year of Greatness!


Hey friends, I hope your new year has started off with a bang! Our church had one service yesterday morning and last night we were able to watch FACING THE GIANTS at our church. Pastor Ric comes up with all kinds of great things! I wasn't able to go due to a horrific migraine. It was so bad I thought I wanted to die! I am better today after sleeping for about 15 hours, what? Yes! I slept for a long time. I'm a little sore today but I am ready to start a new year. I don't know what your year was like in 2006, but I want to encourage you to believe that this year is going to be ever greater. The word for great comes from the greek word meg 'as, which means incredibly huge, mighty powerful, loud... It's where we get the word mega. The word effective comes from the greek word energes, which means active, operative, powerful, mighty. What God says:1 Corinthians 6:9 (The Message)
9-11Don't you realize that this is not the way to live? Unjust people who don't care about God will not be joining in his kingdom. Those who use and abuse each other, use and abuse sex, use and abuse the earth and everything in it, don't qualify as citizens in God's kingdom. A number of you know from experience what I'm talking about, for not so long ago you were on that list. Since then, you've been cleaned up and given a fresh start by Jesus, our Master, our Messiah, and by our God present in us, the Spirit.

How cool is it to be given a fresh start? Well, just remember, nothing is impossible with God! I pray that your New Year will be filled with Greatness!

P.S. I didn't do any exercising yesterday, except to excercise the will to live!
I'm getting ready right now to do a little, we'll see how it goes.

No comments: