Friday, December 15, 2006

Salt of the Earth


Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days. We have been crazy busy with my teacher Christmas Party, Youth Christmas Party, 2nd grade field trips, etc.......
So, my confession time, I've only done Pilates once (20 min). I've walked for over an hours (+or-60 min). Obviously, I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than I was! Thanks for holding me accountable.
Of course, during the holidays we experience some nonpleasant circumstances. My question today is, "Even though we come in contact with hard situations, can we still be the salt of the earth?" This is what we discussed in our devotion time today. Matthew 5:13 says, "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its flavor, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men." Truth be known, I've never been perfect. Okay! So don't pass out or anything. I know that comes as a big surprise for some of you, ha! I do however want to make a difference and help others. I had a friend who I practically grew up with. Our parents were best friends. Then, a miraculous thing happended! She and her parents got saved! My point is that even though my friend was a believer and I wasn't, she never quit being the salt of the earth for me. I knew her love. She was bearing good fruit, even when I wasn't doing the will of God for my life. I wanted what she had! For that I say, "Thank you." And I want to do the same for other. My prayer is that God would show us ways we've lost our saltiness, and make us "SALTY" again! I love that song by Martina McBride. By the way, I don't usually listen to country, but I saw it on the CMA's. I don't remember all the words but the message was to love even though it may be hard. Sing even though no one may listen (maybe someone can help me out with this song, my brain won't remember). Anyways, Live, Laugh, Love...Let your life sing the best song!!! Until tomorrow-Be SALTY! I found out the song of Martina's is called "Anyway" (build it anyway, dream it anyway, believe it anyway, love 'em anyway, sing it anyway) All those things may have opposition, but Do It Anyway!

2 comments:

Jessica and Matt said...

You are an inspiration. Your positive attitude, and your faithfulness is evident, and it's so neat to think about how those things influence your kiddos, and are "salt" to them! It's fun to get to peek into your life a little, and see how you're doing. And you're so far ahead of me (with the family and all)... It makes me excited to have kids some day! It's still crazy to me that you may be done having kids (are you?) and I haven't even started!

jan said...

love ya'll. mom