Friday, December 8, 2006

turkeys or eagles


Hey friends! Our devotion this morning was about being thankful. Yeah, I know, thanksgiving day is over and now we march on toward Christmas. However, let's try to make everyday a day of giving thanks. When we stop to think about all the blessings we have, it's not hard to come up with things to be thankful for. I am most thankful for my family. I love my husband and children so much! Life is good if we keep the right perspective, right? A little factoid: Ben Franklin believed turkeys were so much a part of America that he lobbied to have the turkey, rather thank the eagle, for our national symbol. That would be kinda weird to have a turkey on the presidential seal! Well, my encouraging word for you today is to soar like an eagle, leave the turkeys for our holiday dinner!
Okay, so I spoke too soon yesterday. I am really sore today. I did pilates for 20 minutes yesterday but I did it to the fullest. If you've ever done pilates, you know what I mean.
Have a great Weekend!
Pilates: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Walking: 1 hour

1 comment:

Jessica and Matt said...

Yeah... I'm glad they didn't go with the turkey idea. You know, speaking of Mr. Perot--he has this plaque in the office that says "Eagles don't flock, they soar." It's true... they're not about what everyone else is doing... they just do what they do. I mean, I don't know about turkeys, but... :)

Love you!