Friday, December 29, 2006

Too Much Christmas or Not Enough!


Well, sorry I haven't posted in a while. We have been very busy enjoying the holidays. We ran down to my parents house and that was great. We came home and loved every minute of our time. My kids don't go back to school 'til Wednesday, so we have been playing games, going ice skating, decorating bedrooms,etc....
I haven't exactly been keeping a hard core workout schedule going but, I did go shopping for 10 hours on Tuesday, Ice Skating on Wednesday, and Pilates on Thursday. My kids did it with me. They were so funny. Brooklyn is hard core Pilates girl, but I thought Dylon was gonna start crying. He was breathing hard (kinda like Lamaze)saying, "It hurts, when can I put my arms and legs down!" And then there's Addyson! She's all about sit ups but she gets distracted by the rest of it. We've had a great holiday. We hope yours has been just as good!
Anyway, our devotion tonight was about temptation. This was a good topic for us, because my kids have been walking the road of not always doing what their friends do but doing what it right! Let me explain (I don't want you thinking my kids are hard core sinners), while we were visiting family, my kids were playing with their cousins. They were caught jumping on the furniture. I explained to them that this was not acceptable behavior because we don't want to ruin some else's furniture. Not too much later, Brooklyn was busted again! Her first reaction was, "But they were doing it!" Have you ever been there? 1 Corinthians 10:13-14 says, "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." Self-control is underrated! Do whatever you can to catch hold of righteousness, faith, love, and peace with friends who love God as you do. If we're walking in the right direction, we'll steer clear of some of the traps waiting off the path. And if we're in hot pursuit of goodness, we'll race by without even seeing a lot of the temptations!! So my question for you today is this, What can you do today to run toward righteousness, faith, love, and peace? Be specific. We serve a specific God! Thanks for reading. Tomorrow won't be so long!

1 comment:

Jessica and Matt said...

"Self-control is underrated! Do whatever you can to catch hold of righteousness, faith, love, and peace with friends who love God as you do." <--I love it! This is a great reminder. Maybe a good New Year's resolution. :) I missed your blogs! Glad you're back!