Thursday, December 7, 2006

People Pleasin'



I hope everyones' mornin' has been good. I failed to mention that I got 5 inches cut off my hair two days ago. It's been a big shock, but my curly locks are gone and I'm back to thin and straight. I'll show a pic later. Anyway, our family devo this morning was over being a God pleaser. We all do stuff to please the people we are around everyday, but does it always please God? If you're like me, I'd have to say no. Remember when Paul and Barnabus were like the "mack daddies" in Acts Chapter 14. The people wanted to start worshipping them instead of God. However, instead of continuing to be a "people pleaser," Paul told them to "cut it out!" He did the right thing. Then the people who wanted to worship him turned around and stoned him 'til they thought he was dead. What?!? My point is this: People are FICKLE! You can be doing all the right things to please them, then, they change and suddenly, you're not good enough anymore. Save your energy! Just work on pleasing God and everything else will work out perfectly (or close enough)!
So yeah, the work out thing, my 3 year old and I did pilates yesterday morning for 20 minutes. She was very cute! Yesterday after school a friend and I walked for 30 minutes while our kids went nuts playing football, basketball, and setting off mouse traps, but that's an all-together different story!
Pilates since I've started: 60 minutes
walking: 60 minutes

1 comment:

Jessica and Matt said...

Gurl, their faces are so convincing. You have such cute kids! Jill and I were talking about how cute they are, and how much they look like you (especially the youngest!) the other day. So fun!