Monday, December 11, 2006

God Hugs


Our devotion this morning was over the fact that God is with us everywhere we go, walking through everything we are. According to an ancient, anonymous proverb, humans need four hugs a day for survival, eight for maintenance, and twelve for growth(my reference comes from an author named Dandi Daley Mackall). I encourage you to hug away. God always comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God (II Corinthians 1:3-4). Whenever I am down I always look around and see who I can encourage. I receive comfort in that. When something good happens for you today, imagine sharing a hug with God. Then go and hug someone else. It feels good.
As soon as we talked about hugging helping us grow, Dylon came and gave me twelve hugs right then. He is so sweet. I think I'll go hug him right now!
Sorry, I didn't blog yesterday. We had morning service and then we set up for our big annual Christmas party for all our church volunteers. We served over 300 people. I also have a sinus infection on top of it and my HEAD HURTS!! Oh Well! This too shall pass! I'm running kids back and forth to piano right now. Until tomorrow---Go Hug Somebody!

Oh yeah! I am going to do pilates tonight: 20 minutes! I tell you more about my exercising tomorrow!

1 comment:

Steven Jeffrey said...

hey... let me tell you guys something because this is pretty cool.
you know that my minor is marketing and that I was enrolled in 19 hours to complete my minor next semester. well, today i overheard some friends talking about an interdisciplinary study minor which is like, 3 minors all balled up into one. 3 of your choice from the same school... (like School of Arts and Sciences). so I thought... you know... being here 4.5 years now, surely having been an Art major and at once a Music major... I bet I have some built up hours...

sure enough... i do.

i have about 19 hours of upper-level course work towards an interdisciplinary minor degree... now, given, about 4-8 hours of that might not count... so what does that mean? well in order to reach the required hours to complete the minor (which I'm exceeding by one as the requirement is 18), all i have to do next semester is take one or 2 classes plus the 2 i need for GE's.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? That sure beats taking 19 hours of Marketing stuff and coming back for summer school... so praise God. knew you guys would want to know.