Thursday, January 25, 2007

HERE I AM!


I know! I know! Well, alot has happened since I've last written. I'm now a college student who is making presentations in Media and Technology, Observing classrooms in public high school for Foundations of Education, and doing a telecourse at home in Psychology. Plus, I'm way pumped up because I passed the Spanish clep(sp?) test. It was way hard. Anyway, yes, we've still been doing our morning devos. Let me fill you in. It is so my heart to help grow lifelong followers of Christ (discipleship). Our students are bombarded with junk the world would tempt them with, and some of our kids are standing strong. The majority, however, fail miserably. So I asked God, "What can I do?" He has let me know that my goal should be to help grow lifelong followers of Christ. So what's my game plan? Well, of course, I'm gonna need help! My challenge to you is this: Find someone that God lays on your heart and help mentor them. What?!? Yes, I said it! I don't mean get all caught up in this person's life that you don't have time for your own. Just give them a phone call, a letter, encouraging them in the things of God. Ever heard of prayer? Yes! Pray for them. That's where it all starts. Then, follow up on your prayer. Ask them about the situation. When God meets their need, Praise Him together! This may sound too easy, but it's really simple. The hard part is taking the steps to "JUST DO IT!" Wow! Now I sound like NIKE. Anyway, give it some thought. Let's help change our nation!
So, you want to know about my workout schedule? Well, I'm proud to report that I've been rollerblading this week. 30 minutes on Monday, 30 minutes on Wednesday, and I walked 20 minutes today. Believe it or not, we had 4 inches of snow on Sunday. We played in it and had a snowball fight. Would you believe I was sore from bending down, picking up snow, and throwing it at my lovely children? Not good! Well, I am trying to remedy that by working out! Keep me accountable please!
Until tomorrow
Jolie

1 comment:

Jessica and Matt said...

You're back! I was just about to send you an e-mail to see if you were okay, when I saw your post. It sounds like you're doing great! I'm so excited for you with your school! You will be SUCH a GREAT teacher. I think that's totally what you were meant to do. I can't imagine trying to balance a husband, 3 kids, and school! You'll be great at it all--so exciting!