Saturday, January 27, 2007

Do not Fear! Help is on the way!


Kayla, age 9, says, "Angels pull people out of burning cars and out of quicksand, and keep people from being shot or falling out of airplanes, and they help you with subtraction too, (by Dandi Daley Mackall)." What comparisons! We all have difficult things we face, but God is always right there with us, if we let Him! In 1972, Vesna Vulovic was a flight attendant on a DC-9 airplane that blew up over Czechoslovakia and fell 33,300 feet to the ground. She survived! This is what God says, "For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone" (Psalm 91:11-12). There are a lot of things we don't know about angels, but we do know God can use angels to help protect us. Ultimately, God is our Protector. Yet that doesn't mean we won't have trouble. "Though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand" (Psalm 37:24). We may stumble through life, wrestle through troubles, but the Lord holds onto our hands. Do not Fear, Help is on the way! Your assignment for today: During the day, think of all the ways God is protecting you. Don't forget to say thanks!
This, of course, was our morning devo. I asked my kids, "Where do you feel the safest?" Brooklyn said, "in God's presence." Dylon said, "at home." Where do you feel the safest? I feel the safest when I know I'm in God's will!
I didn't get to exercise, per say, yesterday, but I did walk a long ways, give a presentation, come home, bake three pies for a soup supper, go teach 2nd grade art, drive kid's home, and then, work the soup supper for an hour and a half! I did get in some calorie burning activity, trust me!
See ya tomorrow!
Jolie

2 comments:

Jessica and Matt said...

I think you are Superwoman. I don't know how you do it all! I'll have to get some serious tips from you when I have kids. I can barely manage right now! Thanks for the devo. It's good stuff.

Jessica and Matt said...

Oh--and that picture! Your pictures are convicting me to do missions. Seriously.