Friday, January 12, 2007

Follow the Light


"Ligntning bugs" or fireflies are called Cucujos the West Indies and South America, where they give off a glow bright enough to read by. Some people, when they travel in the dark of night and are afraid they may get lost, and they still place the cucujos in lanterns for light.
What God Says
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 114:105
When you walk into a dark house, the first thing you do is turn on the light. That way, you won't stumble over things, and you can find your way around. Life isn't quite as scary in the day as it is at night. Those qualities of light are part of what the psalmist means when he says that the Word --the Bible--keeps us from stumbling over sin; it shows us which way to go so we won't get lost, and it keeps us from being afraid. Unfortunately God doesn't give us a spotlight. He only gives us a flashlight, just enough to show up the NEXT STEP! Step out in faith and follow the light! Your daily assignment today is 1. Come up with two ways that God and his Word are like a light that you see today. 2. If you're wrestling with a big decision, ask God to light up the next step for you to take.
UPDATE: Dylon did get first place in his speech meet. He is so excited. He worked really hard, so we took him to"Willie's Diner" for dinner last night. He also starts league basketball this week. Miraculously, he and his best friend Jordan ended up on the same team. Believe it or not, I am not coaching this team. I'm pleased to say that I will be dropping my child off for practice and watching his games. This is a big step for me, but I can't do everything, can I? Addy is doing great in school, and of course, Brooklyn is wonderful help all day everyday. We laugh all the time. The newest funny news is about a little girl at school in Dylon's class. She is always in trouble. Yesterday, she had to eat by herself at lunch. I asked Dylon why? He says, "Well, she called my sexy and I told on her. We can't be having that!" I laughed so hard. By all means, we cannot have someone tell us we are sexy! That freaked Dylon out. Life is good! Until tomorrow,
Follow the light
Jolie

4 comments:

Jolie said...

helping my mom comment

jan said...

love you, momma

Jessica and Matt said...

I'm glad to hear that Dylon is an upright guy. :) Your kids are so adorable! I can't wait to meet them someday. I love your devos--keep them up!

Jessica and Matt said...

Jolie!! Where are you?!?