Friday, January 5, 2007

Give it a Fling!


Well, hello friends! I hope all is well with you. We are doing great! We have survived our first week back to school after the break. Dylon and Brooklyn have received their second report card for the year. This was Brooklyn's fist nine weeks to receive letter grades and she has succeeded with all A+'s. She's doing great. Dylon is insanely intelligent. On his 2nd grade report card he has gotten:
Math 99
Spelling 100
Reading/Phonics 103 (how do you do that on a report card? I don't know!)
Science 100
Bible 99
Writing 96
Well, I don't know about you, but I never got a 100 on my report card. He gets money and of course, we took them out to eat for doing so good. Okay! I'm done bragging on my babies.
Our devotion today was over worry. DON'T DO IT! I seriously got tested on this today. If you know anything about where we live, it is really windy. The average wind speed here is about 13 mph everyday! We are in the house and we heard something peculiar. Nate goes outside and guess what? Our basketball goal blew over onto our van! Yes! It did leave a big dent and scratch. We had to take a deep breath and exhale. We know God will provide for us, but we are tested on our response in intense situations. I did great yesterday, but I have failed miserably today. 1 Peter 5:6-7 say, "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you." It's true. I have learned that when we worry, we're actually saying that we think we're great enough to handle our issues on our own. It's humbling to admit we can't. We need God to get our backs every time. So do me a favor and give it a fling! Toss your worries over to God. He cares for you!

No comments: