Friday, July 25, 2008

Momma's Intuition


WEll, yes, it is two o'clock in the morning and I'm clicking away on the keyboard while my husband sleeps...I'm trying to be very quiet, but is that ever really possible?...hehe! I just can't sleep. Too much to think about. I just checked on my precious little ones for the third time tonight. Addy has a little bit of a fever...She had fever last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...no other symptoms, just fever. She starting running a fever again tonight and has a stuffy nose, yuck! I hate it when my kids don't feel good. I knew something was going on with her because she was waaayyy tttooooo clingy. I felt her forehead and she didn't feel hot, but momma's intuition, I knew something was up...I grabbed the thermometer and talked her into to putting it under her tongue (it is sometimes funny how I conquer my 5 year old daughter's fears...no honey, it won't hurt, yes honey, I'll get your water right now). Sure enough! She had 100.9 F temperature...I knew it!!! Just a friendly reminder, no matter what your situations seems like, always trust the momma intuition.
My son finally got to have his best friend over tonight. We haven't had him over since before we left for Argentina. They played video game, water sprinklers, sword fighting, and even set up the tent in the backyard. The boys and both my girls played in it for about 30 minutes around 10 o'clock pm. I didn't think they'd really stay in the backyard all night, too hot! Momma wasn't staying out there with them either. I remember the days of camp outs in the backyard...Memories!
I've got to think of something really special to be a blessing to Brooklyn. She has been so great. Brother gets to go to Argentina, little sister is sick..She needs momma time, I can just tell..She isn't a girly girl, so manicures, pedicures,etc..are totally torturous for her..Gotta think of something else. Any advice? She totally loves shopping, but not possible for a while. Well, it will come to me. I adore my children. Thank you God for allowing me the best job in the world, Momma!

2 comments:

Jolie said...

Hey friends and family..I believe you can leave your comments now. Sorry for just realizing how to change it. We will see how it works for a while. If I get crazy stuff...I'll change it back. Please protect my blog Lord!

Jill said...

You're such a great little momma!! You can tell those sweet kiddies love you to pieces!