Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rehabilitation Center in Argentina

We did several thing today...First thing this morning we did a school assembly. When we arrived at the school we found out that a girl put her fist through a glass window out of anger right before we arrived. We knew we were on a mission. Then we recognized some of the faces of the children from the plaza on Sunday. The children recognized us..Carlitos y Ariel. We will talk more about them later. My heart if so full for the children of Argentina...Dylon gave a testimony again about being picked on and being made fun of...He told the children that they are important to God no matter what others say about them, it only matters what´s in your heart..I was in tears...Then we left and went to a rehabilitation center for Teens with drug problems. The students have no home lives, drugs, alcohol, etc.....They were in tears and we played soccer with them and left them a brand new soccer ball for their center. Again, my heart is so full for these children. We also went to an Arts school and did two programs there...Every day is full of excitement activities. We have done all of skits and dramas many times and are looking for new material...The newspaper is publishing our picture in the Colon Diario. The television station is scheduling a time for interviews, and the radio went to the 10 o clock session today. We are impacting the city of Colon....

To my girls, I love you more than you will ever know. I have your picture and I show it to the translators and teachers...They think you are beautiful and look like your momma, even you Brookie! Kiss Kiss to you. You girls would be so proud of your mom, dad, and bubba. Some day soon little ones, you will come to these places with us and see what we see. Thank you for letting us come...God will reward you also for your sacrifice...I love you forever, i like you for always, as long as i´m alive my babies you´ll be!!! Until tomorrow

Dream Big!!!

2 comments:

AA said...

From Addyson:

Momma, I love you. Have a safe trip. Help people in Argentina to know Jesus. I hope you have a safe trip home from Argentina. Hi bubba. I miss you. I love you. Hi Daddy. I miss you. I love you. Hi mommy. I miss you. I love you. I have been playing, hanging out with people, and shopping.

Love Addyson.

From Brooklyn:

Hi mommy, daddy, and bubby! I miss you. I went shopping with AA today and am spending the night with nana and papa tonight. When we spent the night with Kimberly, we went swimming and I picked Kim up on my shoulders in the pool and we said, "We're sisters, We're sisters...". AA bought me and Addy a Bambi skirt. We also got some clothes from the Children's Place. Nana got me a new toothbrush as well.
Tell people about Jesus. What's it like in Argentina?

I love you,

Brookie bear

Jessica and Matt said...

OMG. Your post and your girls' response totally just made me cry! I love your little family. You're such a great example for us and for so many others. You'll have to share some of your tips on being such a good mom! :)

Love you!