Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sodium Chloride of the Earth!


That was the title of our devotion this morning. Please, Lord, let me be the salt of the earth for someone today. That really is my prayer.

Parenting! It has to be one of the hardest jobs ever. Dylon, who generally makes 100s on all his papers, brought home a 50 and a 46 on his science papers. Do you know what he said about it ? He says, "Well, I wanted to be the first one finished!" I told him "finished" is a good word, except he didn't FINISH his paper, hence the 50 and 46! Boys! The lengths of competitivism stretches for miles.... I tried to blame his dad, but Nate wasn't buying it! Anyways, how do you convince your children to do THEIR best in all things! All I can do it teach the lessons worth learning and go on! He did learn a valuable lesson. He who brings home bad grades gets no TV time, Basketball time, or fiddling time (whatever that means)! Do 9 year olds need fiddling time!?! See, he is Nate's child! Anyways, my ramblings shall cease now!


By the way, I am still working out and I am still working with sore muscles. How long does it take to get muscles into shape. My arms are better, but my hip flexers are shot! See ya!

1 comment:

Jessica and Matt said...

You are funny. I'm proud that you're working out. I've been too lazy. :) No excuse, really... just lazy. So your story about Dylon makes me laugh. I remember being fascinated with the people who always finished way before me on tests and stuff.