Friday, February 9, 2007

Growing Pains


Growing up takes time. The tallest living tree, the Mendocino tree, a costal redwoods or Sequoia, near Ukiah, California, measures over 369 feet tall. It's only taken that tree 1,000 years to reach this heighth. Do you remember the growing pains as a child? Brooklyn's legs ache all the time. It hurts, but she is growing as she was designed to do. *According to KidsHealth for Parents, an international health-support organization, the best remedy for a child suffering from growing pains in cuddling. Of course, that make Brooklyn really happy!
WHAT GOD SAYS
"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus"(Phil. 1:6).
I want to grow to be exactly what God has intended for me. I do not want to stay immature and ineffective. Jesus explained in the Parable of the sower that seeds grow and multiply. The seed is the Word of God in us. We can't make ourselves grow any more than a farmer can make his crop grow. But through 1)confession, 2)through practicing wisdom and kindness, 3) spending time with God, 4) reading the bible, we can keep our soil a good place for the Word to grow in us.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT
Make an effort to do these four things and you're guaranteed to grow, mature, and produce good fruit! Be blessed.

4 comments:

Jessica and Matt said...

Yes, Miss Hilzendager... I mean Mrs. Hicks (such an easier name!). :) Yes--I know that we are very blessed. And I am humbled by it and grateful for it every day--really. I know that God used my parents to teach me about faith, faithfulness, tithing, and hard work! For that, I am grateful. And I know that God has blessed me beyond anything I have earned by "hard work" alone. He is faithful. I think I need to blog about this... now that I'm thinking about it. Okay, I'll stop taking up space on your comment board. :) Keep blogging about your devotionals--I love them! They are an encouragement! And keep the family pictures coming, too. Maybe it will push me over the edge to see if my baby machinery works. :)

Jessica and Matt said...

JOLIE!!! Where are YOU??!!??

Jessica and Matt said...

Jolie Hilzendager Hicks. I know you are a very very busy lady, but are you okay?? You have disappeared.

Jessica and Matt said...

Poor Brooklyn! I'm glad to hear that she's doing better... Thanks for your running prayers. :)