Monday, May 16, 2011

The Habit of Happiness



Have you ever noticed how some people are always "down in the dumps?" Eeyore is enthusiastic compared to some of these unfortunate souls. Every morning I wake up thanking God that I WOKE UP! If I have nothing else to be thankful for, I can be thankful for that. However, generally speaking, I wake up every day excited to go into my kids' bedrooms, tickle their feet, and sing, "Good morning, good morning, good morning. It's time to rise and shine. Good morning, good morning, good morning. I hope you're feeling fine!" To my chagrin, they moan somewhat disdainfully, 'Good morning, mom." I love these days. I am happy because I choose to be. It's a good choice. You know, grocery shoppin is not my favorite thing, but I don't have to grow my own food. This is a great life. Yes, my kids will go to the store with me. They love me. I am happy.

1 comment:

Jill said...

You are precious!!