Thursday, January 15, 2009

Praising My Way!


This has definitely been a different kind of week. Our Pastor preached, "Get Your Praise On" on Sunday. His word was great for me...The Lord has already been working on my heart to lift my voice to Him daily.... Music sets the tone or atmosphere for what happens in our lives...For example, studies show that easy listening music causes consumers to stay longer and spend more money in a store..Contemporary Pop music makes them shop faster and spend less money. How much more will Praise and Worship in our homes affect our lives and the lives of our children! I want my life to mirror Christ,and the mirror will reflect my praise life! Are you praising God today? If not, just TRY IT!
Well, first thing on Monday, my dryer broke! What? Family of Five with no clothes dryer? Yep! I kept praising. Tuesday was a difficult day for other reasons, but I kept praisin'. Yesterday, I have to be honest, we received Addyson's Medical bills...I just didn't feel like praisin'.($16,000) However, I have an awesome husband, soul mate, partner, encourager....Nate is all of these. He reminded me who owns the cattle on every hill...THE LORD!!! He know! He knows what I need even before I do! He is a mighty God, a powerful, a holy God. Go listen to the song by Martha Munizzi "Mighty God"...It reminded me that "for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, in the heavenlies. And we will stand and hold our ground for we have all authority, power in Jesus Name. Don't YOU Worry 'bout a thang!" Satan doesn't want us praising God, he wants us beat down, downcast, ineffective, and definitely not living from Victory to Victory! So yes! I'm still praising my way through every situation! God is still in Control!

No comments: